Oct 16, 2008

Chicago-up close and personal

So it's been a little while since my last post. I guess that's what grad school is capable of doing to me. I've been so busy lately that I just want to light myself on fire sometimes. ;) But every once in a while I like to leave for school a little bit earlier than usual and carry along my camera to capture Chicago's still life. I am especially interested in the rust, chains, and metal framework of the metropolitan setting. Without any more introduction, I bring you this gallery of snapshots--taken primarily on my way to school.













This last piece is actually my inspiration for my Chicago-up close and personal gallery. This was taken at Montrose Beach. I thought that the texture and concept of this plain chain-linked fence was fascinating. This is an object that is so hackneyed and readily overlooked. When we really take time stop and inspect the workmanship of the above, it really gives us a different perspective of what urban life is all about.

No comments: